Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Grapes and Cherry Tomatoes

There are two grapes and two cherry tomatoes in front of me. So I ate the cherry tomatoes, bit into its skin and a salty, fresh taste fills my mouth. Half a second later, I pick up the other oval shaped, reddish fruit - the grape. But perhaps I didn't register it as a grape; picking up a visually similar object within such a short period of time, I expected the taste to remain unchanged.


It tasted like the weirdest thing on earth as I bit into it - antecedent saltish taste from the tomatoes and then a fresh burst of sweetness mixed into it - in the form of a deceiving looking grape. Next time I'll try mixing a bowl of grapes and cherry tomatoes and not look while eating - just to see how both fruits (which your fingers will think are exactly the same) can confuse the tastebuds.

Sidenote: freeze grapes and consume as a midnight snack.

No comments: